Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Starting the day with another creative break...

I promised myself not to rant here about people who let their dogs p*** right in front of a school or kindergarten (great start for a blog post, right?). So let me just say: it's 9.20 am and I need a break already. Luckily, there's still my newest dress to boast about and cheer me up ;-)

So ta-daaah! Here it is, my second Cashmerette Appleton dress:

My second Cashmerette Appleton dress | Twice the Fun | doppeltsolustig.blogspot.de

That silly pose worked pretty well, huh?
I like this picture so much better than the ones from my previous post. Even the not-so-silly photos worked better after fooling around a little bit, don't you think?

My second Cashmerette Appleton dress | Twice the Fun | doppeltsolustig.blogspot.de

Hey, if silliness is the key to better photos, you can count me in!


Okay, now back to normal (yeah, right). Let me boast a little bit about the details ;-) For this version, I cut the short sleeves and added the cuffs from the Appleton top hack & expansion pack, which was easy to do and ended up at the perfect sleeve length for me, plus a very neat finish:

My second Cashmerette Appleton dress | Twice the Fun | doppeltsolustig.blogspot.de

And that Hilco jersey knit is not only the cutest little fishy print ever, but also has a nice firmness. On my first Appleton, the waist tie was fairly flimsy and could have used a little reinforcement, but with this fabric, there's no sagging or stretching. I'm pretty sure this dress it going to behave itself...

My second Cashmerette Appleton dress | Twice the Fun | doppeltsolustig.blogspot.de

Aaaaahhhh, feeling better already. I wish I had a little time to sew right now (so many cool fabrics piling up, waiting to be turned into dresses and tops), but I have to get back to work. I just got a list of participants for next week's workshop, and I can't wait to get back to class. So let's see, where do we start...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

saw these pics and had a huge orgasm