Monday, August 29, 2016

Oh my.

I would love to find a stronger expression for "time flies", but you know, tempus fugit, and I'm really busy, as in "should be working 24/7 to get everything done on time". I'm teaching on a freelance basis again, and when I signed my current teaching contract a few months ago, it didn't seem like THIS MUCH work. But, oh well. I had to prioritize (which I really need to practice more!), and so: no blog posts in four months. Actually, not much sewing these past months - apart from two summer dresses. And so, without much further ado, here's the first one of my favorite summer garments 2016!

Sometime around June, I finished my second Cashmerette Washington/ Lekala 4119 Frankendress, and it's my favorite dress EVER. It's unbelievably comfy, but the denim skirt part also provides some nice structure. And triangles! I love this dress.


The front yoke part actually called for more stretch than the denim had when cut on bias, but I decided to cut and sew just the yoke and then try it on, and since it was easy to put on over my head (this dress doesn't have any zippers or buttons, which makes it a pretty easy sew), I decided to go with it. And what shall I say? I just love it! (as I might have mentioned before...)

My second Cashmerette Washington Dress + Lekala 4119 Top Frankendress | Twice the Fun | doppeltsolustig.blogspot.de

Okay, don't look at those wrinkles. That's what happens when you try to take pictures of a new garment after an hour-long car ride. Duh. And no, I'm not talking about the wrinkles in my face. Those are not from that car ride. I guess ;-)

My second Cashmerette Washington Dress + Lekala 4119 Top Frankendress | Twice the Fun | doppeltsolustig.blogspot.de

Now don't ask me why I tilt my head like that all the time. About three-quarters of my photos look like this. Time for some advice on posing for photos? It would be, if I just had the time. Did you notice how I'm procrastinating today? Aaaarrrrgggghhhh.....

But just one more little detail before I get back to my lesson planning (I promise!), just because I'm so very happy with all the finishing details, maybe for the first time ever. Aren't those side seams with the white topstitching just perfect?

My second Cashmerette Washington Dress + Lekala 4119 Top Frankendress | Twice the Fun | doppeltsolustig.blogspot.de

Okay, so back to work now. Creative breaks are the best of breaks :-D

No comments: